Food & Wine
Seven reasons to love wine
Stellenbosch Hills has just released the ‘Magnificent Seven’ … a collection of five superb wines from the 2016 harvest as well as a delicious fortified wine and a top-performing Sauvignon Blanc (we’re talking two golds and a double gold for the 2017 vintage).
The collection includes …
1. The Stellenbosch Hills Sauvignon Blanc 2018 – full-bodied and crisp, enjoy it chilled with fresh oysters, grilled fish and a salad of tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella.
2. The Stellenbosch Hills Chenin Blanc 2018 – medium-bodied, refreshing and fruity … lovely with spicy prawns, grilled fish, creamy chicken dishes and pasta.
3. The Stellenbosch Hills Bushvine Pinotage 2016 – a full-bodied wine …all blackberries, plums and mulberries, with hints of vanilla oak, banana, dark chocolate and cigar box. The winemaker recommends serving it with barbeques, oxtail, venison dishes and beef pie.
4. The Stellenbosch Hills Cabernet Sauvignon 2016 – Full-bodied, juicy and elegant, it’s great with pasta or any red meat dish.
5. The Stellenbosch Hills Merlot 2016 – deep, ruby-red, full-bodied wine that bursts with red and black berries, mulberries and flavours of ripe plums. Perfect witg roast beef, roast lamb or a beef stew.
6. Stellenbosch Hills Shiraz 2016 – with classic red fruit flavours (think raspberry and mulberry) with oak spice, and hints of black pepper, violets and cloves. Enjoy this one on its own, or with a red meat dish.
7. The Stellenbosch Hills Muscat de Hambourg 2016 – explosively fragrant with candy floss, boiled sweets, rose petals and violets. Serve on crushed ice, over vanilla ice cream and strawberries or at room temperature on cooler days.
All of these are available from leading outlets for between R52 and R80 a bottle.
Details: www.stellenbosch-hills.co.za, Facebook, Twitter (@STBHills) and Instagram (@stellenbosch_hills).