Couple of the year
The importance of date night
But sooner or later life’s daily responsibilities catch up with you and prioritising time with your loved one becomes challenging.
Date nights are an important way for couples to spend much-needed time together and you don’t need a special occasion like Valentines Day to spoil your loved one.
Every day is an opportunity to grow as a couple and get to know each other better.
Datenightsa.co.za is an incredible site dedicated to South African couples.
It provides fresh and exciting ideas to spruce up your relationship, whether through sunset picnics, taking a cooking class together or some fun outdoor activities. Be creative.
Benefits of date night
• A date night is an opportunity to communicate. This helps couples deepen their understanding of one another and the relationship. Communication is important because individuals continue to change as they and their relationship develops. They experience new challenges and problems.
• Date nights are valuable for their novelty. Researchers discovered that couples who engage in activities that are fun, active or otherwise arousing – from hiking to dancing and from travel to card games – enjoy a better quality relationship. In this way, couples counteract a tendency to take each other for granted. It’s important to do more than dinner and a movie. Couples are encouraged to choose activities that represent a balance of each partner’s interests.
• Date nights strengthen or rekindle a romantic spark helpful in sustaining love over the long haul.
• Date nights strengthen commitment. Partners who put each other first, who steer clear of other romantic opportunities and cultivate a strong sense of togetherness, are markedly happier than less-committed couples.
• Date nights relieve stress. A couple can enjoy time together apart from the pressing concerns of life. There can also be opportunities to extend emotional support to one another.